My grandma always used to make the most amazing banana bread. Everyone couldn’t get enough of it! She would make 3-4 loaves a day to give to people and they would be gone so fast. There was definitely something special about it. I started trying out different versions of it and fell in love with this chocolate chip banana bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 55 minutes
Related: The Best Pumpkin Crumb Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×4 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Then, in a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Next, stir in the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture gradually. Whisk together until smooth.
- Fold int he chocolate chips. I add 1/4 cup and sprinkle some on top, but you can add as much as you’d like.
- Spread the batter into the greased pan and spring some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Stick a toothpick inside to make sure it’s done. cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer onto a rack.
Related: Rocky Road Brownies Recipe
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! If you try out this recipe tag me in your pictures! IG: @itschristinabee
Thanks for reading and enjoy your chocolate chip banana bread!